ASC Administrator Course: Use Data to Improve Quality of Care and Bring Dollars to Your Bottom Line
Sun. September 16| 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM | 201
Attendees of this workshop, whether an aspiring or current administrator, will learn how to create, or evolve, their Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program to quickly assess and advance the quality of care provided in their healthcare facility. QAPI - the merger of two complementary quality management approaches: the QA (Quality Assessment) reactive, regulatory compliance process with the PI (Performance Improvement) pro-active, data-driven process - can be laden with wasted effort and time without a clear, shared definition of high-quality care. This full day course will provide unique insight into the interdependent elements of safety, infection prevention, risk management and culture on building and sustaining high-quality care. Beverly Kirchner will end the session by traveling through real-world examples of high-quality care from preadmission through discharge, while tying them back to the high-quality care elements discussed throughout the course. Participants will leave not only with regulatory knowledge, but the ability to gather quality data and use it to improve patient care and efficiencies, all while decreasing cost.
Are you prepared to bridge the gap between simply collecting data and actually using it?
By attending the session you will earn a certificate for completion of the ASC Administrator Course as well as 6.0 CE credits.
During this pre-conference workshop you will:
- Define high quality care.
- Understand culture’s impact on high quality care.
- Describe the QAPI program for high quality care.
- Explain the elements of a safety program and how it enhances high quality care.
- Review the elements of an infection prevention program and how it enhances high quality care.
- Utilize data gathered from the quality assessment to increase your bottom line.
- Implement the path of high quality care from preadmission to discharge.
Track: Pre-Conference Workshops
Registration Type: Pre-Conference Workshop